fbpx

NOLA ChristmasFest with my NOLA Girls

If you’re interested in indulging in some holiday cheer now through the New Year I highly recommend the NOLA ChristmasFest for everyone of any age.

The NOLA Christmas Fest is guaranteed to get you in the Holiday Spirit and bring the kid out in us all!

It makes for the perfect date. Full of Holiday Festivities for the entire family! And a fabulous fun Girl’s Only event.

I took my girls and we had a fantastic time!!

Money-Saving Tip:  Bring an empty Coke product that can get $5 off an individual ticket.

Getting there tips: The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is currently under construction and I highly recommend that you either bus it and walk fro Canal St or take an Uber or LYFT. There’s also convenient parking in Lot F, directly across the entrance to NOLA ChristmasFest in Hall I, but I can’t guarantee that you will get a spot.

NEW ORLEANS – With nearly 350,000 sq. ft. of holiday entertainment, NOLA ChristmasFest, presented by Coca-Cola, will add exciting new features to the family-favorite holiday event including a 50 ft. Ferris Wheel, two 15 ft. ice slides, nightly children’s book reading, ice-skating with Santa and the Tinsel Terrace Tavern Bar for adults.

In addition, bring an empty can or 20-oz bottle of any Coca-Cola product to the NOLA ChristmasFest ticket window and get $5 off one general admission ticket!

Similar to years past, this year’s event is sure to dazzle locals and visitors alike with eye-popping attractions and activities for both kids and adults with carnival rides, ice skating, a Tiny Tot Zone for toddlers with three new bounce houses, inflatables, snowball fights, Santa and friends, Gingerbread Village, Christmas Tree display and more!

Don’t miss feature events like “Skating With Santa,” on the morning of Saturday, December 21st. This truly unique experience is a chance for children to ice skate with Santa Claus before the doors open to the general public. Donuts, coffee, and hot cocoa will be served as you skate with Santa and his friends from the North Pole. (Separate ticket purchase required.)

Also, for adults only, the Tinsel Terrace Tavern is a magical escape from the holiday “hustle and bustle” where adults can enjoy a winter-themed beverage or two while overlooking the indoor ice rink.

NOLA ChristmasFest will open every day, rain or shine, from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m., December 20-31, including special hours on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.

Buy Online and save time waiting in line at the Box Office! Online tickets are available via Ticketmaster.com. Tickets may also be purchased in-person at the Convention Center box office, located in front of Lobby I, starting Friday, December 20.

General Admission Tickets include access to all rides and activities within the festival. Tickets are $20 on weekdays and $25 on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are good for a single admission on the specific day you choose between the dates of December 20-December 31. Individual ticket purchase is required on those ages 2 and up.

NOLA ChristmasFest New Attractions:

Two 15 ft. high ice slides
50 ft. Ferris Wheel
3 new bounce houses in the Tiny Tot Zone
Skating with Santa
Tinsel Terrace Tavern
NOLA ChristmasFest is also a great place for birthday parties and corporate events. Special group pricing and party areas are available for a party of 15 people or more. Advanced sales end December 15, 2019. Advanced group pricing is $15 per person. More information: https://nolachristmasfest.com/group-sales-parties/

Parking is available across from NOLA ChristmasFest’s Hall H entrance. Visitors are encouraged to take advantage of very affordable Papa Noel hotel rates to enhance their holiday stays.

For more information, visit https://nolachristmasfest.com.

Tickets on sale! Tickets are $20 and are good for a single admission on the specific day you choose between the dates of  December 20-December 31. Click Here for Hours of Operation

The Ticketmaster Box Office is located at the:
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center New Orleans
900 Convention Center Blvd
Near Hall I
New Orleans, LA  70130

Guests have many options to purchase tickets! (Bring an empty Coke product can to get $5 off an individual ticket)

• Go to Ticketmaster.com starting November 1, 2019
  • Stop by the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center Ticketmaster Box office to purchase your tickets.  Click here for dates and times the box office is open

General Admission $20
Tickets will go on sale November 1, 2019
Buy Online and save yourself time waiting in line at the Box Office.  General Admission Tickets include access to all rides and activities within the festival.  Height and other restrictions may apply.
Sunday, December 22 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Monday, December 23 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Tuesday, December 24 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM Open to public
Wednesday, December 25 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM Open to public
Thursday, December 26 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Friday, December 27 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Military and First Responder Day– must show proper ID
Open to public
Saturday, December 28 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Sunday, December 29 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public / Saints game on TVs!
Monday, December 30 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Tuesday, December 31 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Open to public
Sunday, December 22 Visit with Santa
New Orleans Saints vs Tennessee game viewing, 12pm @ Tinsel Terrace Tavern & Streetcar BarPerformances:
3 p.m. – Daily Sing-a-long with Spider Murphy
4:30 p.m. – Muggivan School of Irish Dance
7 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas6:50 p.m. – Nightly Snowfall at the Ice Rink
Monday, December 23 Visit with Santa

3 p.m. – Daily Sing-a-long, 3pm
3 p.m. – Senior Vocal Majors from Mississippi School of the Arts, 3pm
6 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – Let It Snow
Thursday, December 26 Performances:
3 p.m. – Daily Sing-a-long
3 p.m. – Senior Vocal Majors from Mississippi School of the Arts
7 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – Let It Snow6:50 p.m. – Nightly Snowfall at the Ice Rink
Friday, December 27 Military and First Responder day– must show proper ID

Performances:
3 p.m. – Daily Sing-a-long
7 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – Frozen

6:50 p.m. – Nightly Snowfall at the Ice Rink

Saturday, December 28 Performances:
2 p.m. – Essence of Soul Drumline & Dazzling Divas of Essence
3 p.m. – Daily Sing-a-long with Lisa Piscone Love
3 p.m. – Senior Vocal Majors from Mississippi School of the Arts
5 p.m. – Hollywood Highsteppers
7 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – Frozen6:50 p.m. – Nightly Snowfall at the Ice Rink
Sunday, December 29 12 p.m. – New Orleans Saints vs Carolina game viewing

Performances:
3 p.m. – Daily Sing-a-long with Tonya Matthews
7 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – Squirrel’s New Year’s Resolution

6:50 p.m. – Nightly Snowfall at the Ice Rink

Monday, December 30 Performances:
3 p.m. – Daily Sing-a-long
7 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – Twas the Night Before New Year’s6:50 p.m. – Nightly Snowfall at the Ice Rink
Tuesday, December 31 Performances:
2 p.m. – Nightly Children’s Book Reading – Twas the Night Before New Year’s, 2pm

The schedule is subject to change.
Characters are present every day – all day.

Food and beverage options are open every day – all day.

source: please visit www.nolachristmasfest.com

Image result for new orleans christmas fest bring in a coke can

Image result for new orleans christmas fest

Image result for new orleans christmas fest

Image result for new orleans christmas fest

Image result for new orleans christmas fest

A native of New Orleans, who left her beloved New Orleans to spend twenty years of living in the land of Minnesota Not So Nice. Minnesota was full of opportunities but would learn that the soul of the state and the people who made it was just as icy cold as the temperatures. After the years and my 40th birthday flew by, I decided it was time to pack up my youngest child and come back to my roots, my birthplace the city that not only birthed me but gave me life. I would not be who I am without my New Orleans beginnings. I am all things that would challenge the belief of growing up in New Orleans. I was a 16yr old teen mother of a premature baby born with a severe medical disability. And only With the help of my mother, was it possible for me to BE! I was able to endure and survive the obstacles laid before my child and me. In a city that was built by my family, but did not allow for us to reap the benefits I overcame. Charity Hospital was my second home — a building filled with miracle workers who made it possible for my daughter to have life. I have lived a life of rainy days with peeks of sunshine, that are my children, including those not of my womb. I'm the proud mother of three and a grandmother of three. My dream was to live the life of the nursery rhyme of ”The Old Lady Who lived in a shoe,” and for the most part, I did. I cared for several children over the years as a special needs foster parent. I would learn that my love was not enough for some children, but I loved them through their pain. I'm not sure if I ever had a case of true love or came close to what love looks like on television, but I had my share of men and the mirage of love. I survived two abusive marriages. Though I longed to return to New Orleans on a daily bases, I must admit my move was one of the best decisions made for me. I am a college graduate; I was a successful entrepreneur. I coowned a soul food restaurant and catering company in Minnesota for 12 years. I developed the talent of creating custom cakes after the murder of my beloved cousin Melvin Paul. He survived Katrina only to go to Minneapolis six months later to be murdered over a parking spot dispute. But with the challenge of creating a simple wedding cake, I was able to find healing. I created the House of Cakes in honor of him. Minnesota life had me pretty materialistic. I worked to the point I do not remember much, but work and handing my children love money. I thought by having the big house on the hill, a husband, having a family, the ultimate provider and being involved in all things that matter, plus having the funds to match would cure me of what I was told was a generational curse of lack of everything from money, love to even self-love. But for the most part, that life poisoned my heart and soul. I was blinded by visions fed to me by the media. I was told I wasn't anything unless I was better than the Jones's. I lived being ok with a broken, bleeding heart. Life like this did not exist in my family while living in New Orleans from what I viewed with my eyes and soul. We may not have had all the things I acquired over the years, but we were happy, we were together. Family outside of New Orleans wasn't family anymore. We lived separate lives and had awkward moments when we bumped into each other in public. I hated living in Minnesota even though life their helped me in so many ways. I felt deep down the only way to repair it was to get back to my roots, my soul, my home, myself, my New Orleans. I'm here, and I love it. Even being in the so-called Blighted Area of New Orleans and not having all the financial and material security, I'm happy. I am determined that She, yes, New Orleans is a woman is just like me; together, we will overcome and will rise from all that tried to kill our spirit. Nothing like starting from the bottom and making your way back up!. I just know in my heart that New Orleans will provide for me. There's a bank account with funds in it owed to me by way of back pay for my ancestors. And I will receive my inheritance, and I will continue the traditions and customs of the old to keep the heartbeat of New Orleans beating. I'm down in the boot, living the life that feels right to me awaiting my destiny...

%d bloggers like this: