On Saturday, July 2, 2022 Grey Goose Essences—the spirit brand’s fruit and botanical infused-vodka line—pulled out all the stops for the return of Essence Festival in New Orleans with a celebration of The Main Character, a Tribute to Black Excellence at Josephine Estelle, featuring music by DJ Millie and VIP guests including Janelle Monae, celebrity stylist Zerina Akers, Pelicans Point guard Devonte’ Graham, Saints Tight end Juwan Johnson, and more.
- Essence Fest headliner Janelle Monae kept it casual and made a beeline to the dancefloor in a simple black tee shirt, accessorized by a chunky chain necklace, her signature black hat and round sunglasses
- Stylist to the stars Zerina Akers set the tone in a sporty-chic ensemble of denim shorts, a skimming white top, sneakers, and matching orange purse, keeping comfortable ahead of her client Jazmine Sullivan’s big concert night
- Representing NOLA, Pelicans player Devonte’ Graham and Saints players Juwan Johnson and Kawaan Baker celebrated the party weekend ahead of NFL preseason
- DJ Millie had guests lining up at the door—even in the hot NOLA rain!—to attend the hottest party of the weekend
- Motivated bythe parts of ourselves that make us us, guests identified their essence and celebrated with matching cocktails in either the Watermelon & Basil, Strawberry & Lemongrass, or White Peach & Rosemary Grey Goose Essences flavors, taking photos in front of the custom flavor-inspired walls covered in fruits and botanicals
Photo Credit: Tyler Kaufman for Getty Images