We live in a world where everyone likes to party. Everywhere you turn you see events taking place dedicated solely to getting on your level. None of those match the level of America’s biggest party season, Mardi Gras.
Mardi Gras / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday
- “Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday is always 47 days before Easter. Carnival season begins on Jan. 6, Twelfth Night, the Christian holy day of the Epiphany, and ends with Mardi Gras. It’s a celebration of life that precedes the fasting and simple living during the Christian season of Lent. Because Easter is variable, Mardi Gras can be any Tuesday between Feb. 3 and March 9 and so the length of Carnival fluctuates accordingly.”
- “The origins of Mardi Gras can be traced to medieval Europe , passing through Rome and Venice in the 17th and 18th centuries to the French House of the Bourbons. From here, the traditional revelry of “Boeuf Gras,” or fatted calf, followed France to her colonies.”
- “Some historians have linked Mardi Gras to ancient Roman festivals, including the pagan fertility celebrations Saturnalia and Lupercalia.”
- “In 1875, Louisiana’s governor made Fat Tuesday a legal holiday in Louisiana. Today, Louisiana is the only state where Mardi Gras is an official holiday.”
- Green: Faith, Luck, Growth, Fresh Start
- Purple: Justice, Power, Wisdom, Noble
- Gold: Wealth, Prosperity, Prestige, Confident
Music By: Chase N. Cashe https://www.cantbuyrespect.com
Newtral Groundz is home to everything New Orleans and Counterculture. The #1 digital urban outlet responsible for covering the Crescent City, exclusive artist content, entertainment stories, classic documentaries, interviews, comedy skits, rap freestyles, the best viral videos & more. Since 2017, Newtral Groundz has worked with some of New Orleans’ most groundbreaking artists, entrepreneurs & musicians – all who have helped continue to define our unique identity and attitude. We plan on continuing to work to give a voice to the voiceless. So subscribe and stay tuned for all of our new content/collaborations we plan on dropping in the very near future.