There will be a public viewing from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, June 8 at Xavier University’s Convocation Center (7910 Stroelitz St.). A celebratory program will be held at 6 p.m, and will be live-streamed on YouTube (search “Chef Leah Chase Celebration of Life Service”). The public is invited to attend.
A Mass of Christian burial will be spoken at noon on Monday, June 10 at St. Peter Claver Catholic Church (1923 St. Philip St.), Visitation will be held from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., with the rosary beginning immediately after the visitation. Seating at St. Peter Claver will be limited, but the Mass will be broadcast on WLAE-TV and livestreamed YouTube at this link from noon to 2 p.m.
Monday, June 10
- 8:00 a.m. – Visitation at St. Peter Claver
- 10:30 a.m. – Rosary Service at St. Peter Claver
- 12:00 p.m. – Funeral Mass at St. Peter Claver
- 2:00 p.m. – Second Line to Dooky Chase Restaurant
- 3:30 p.m. – Interment Service at St. Louis Cemetery #3
- 4:00 p.m. – Second Line to City Park
- 4:30 p.m. – Repast in City Park
Second Line to Dooky Chase
- START: St. Peter Claver Church, 1923 St. Philip St.
- Proceed down St. Philip Street
- Right on N. Roman Street
- Right on Orleans Avenue
- END: Dooky Chase Restaurant, 2301 Orleans Ave.
Second Line to City Park
- START: St. Louis Cemetery #3, 3421 Esplanade Ave.
- Proceed up Esplanade Avenue
- Continue into City Park onto Lelong Street
- Continue onto Collins Diboll Circle
- Right on Enrique Alferez Drive
- Left on Friederichs Avenue
- Left on Henry Thomas Drive
- Left on Collins Diboll Circle
- END: Lelong Street