It’s December and we have kicked off the Réveillon season in New Orleans. Réveillon, French for Awakening, was celebrated by Creoles after Christmas Eve mass in New Orleans in the 1800s. Local restaurants serve the famous repast throughout the month of December. You are invited to be a part of the celebration and continue the tradition at the Seaworthy and Josephine Estelle at the Ace Hotel in New Orleans.
Seaworthy is the oyster bar and sustainable seafood restaurant set in a classic Creole cottage from 1832 at Ace Hotel New Orleans from executive chef Justin Koslowsky [previously of Michelin-awarded Atera and acclaimed Contra in NYC].
For Réveillon, Seaworthy is offering a special four-course menu for $59 per person. Reservations are available here and sharing the menu details below.
- Little Gem Salad: Radish, Meyer Lemon, Green Goddess, Poppy Seed
- Charbroiled Oysters: Piment D’espelette Butter, Herb Panna Gratta
- Diver Scallops: Maitake Mushroom, Collard Greens, Cornbread, Pot Liquor Vinaigrette
- Almond Semifreddo: Blood Orange, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Josephine Estelle is the Italian by-way-of-American-South restaurant from James Beard award-winning chefs Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman [also of Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen, Hog & Hominy and Porcellino’s Craft Butcher in Memphis] in collaboration with executive chef Chris Borges at Ace Hotel.
For Réveillon, Josephine Estelle is offering a special four-course menu for $55 per person. Reservations are available here, and menu details below.
- Oyster Stew: Celery Root, Fennel, Vermouth, Sourdough
- Carrot Ravioli: Saffron, Cardamom, Andouille
- Pork Tenderloin: Sweet Potato, Topinambur, Collards, Sauce Roberto
- Chocolate Cheesecake: Peppermint Gelato, Espresso