fbpx

The NOLA Chic All Girls Krewe at the NOLA ChristmasFest

If you’re interested in getting out of the house on Christmas Day through the New Year I highly recommend  the NOLA ChristmasFest for everyone of any age. It’s a great date, girls outing, adults and the whole family! We had a great time!!

Money Saving Tip:  Bring an empty Coke product can to get $5 off an individual ticket.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Nola Chic, people smiling, people standing

Christmas in New Orleans has always been a magical time. NOLA ChristmasFest, a dazzling, family-friendly seasonal event offers opportunities to create lasting memories with a real indoor ice skating rink, ice slides, a carousel, carnival rides, inflatables, Santa and friends, gingerbread houses, decorated trees and so much more! New this year is curling lanes, Bouncy! the World’s Tallest Snowman, Polar Golf, longer ice slides, special events and pricing honoring member of the Military and First Responders, and 50,000 additional square feet for fun!

Now in its 6th year, New Orleans’ most exciting indoor holiday attraction, returns in December 2018. Packed with indoor family fun, this delightful family tradition features 150,000 square feet of rides, giant slides, a real ice skating rink and holiday décor that is sure to jump start any family into the holiday spirit.

Tickets on sale! Tickets are $20 and are good for a single admission on the specific day you choose between the dates of  December 20-December 31. Click Here for Hours of Operation

The Ticketmaster Box Office is located at the:
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center New Orleans
900 Convention Center Blvd
Near Hall I
New Orleans, LA  70130

Guests have many options to purchase tickets! (Bring an empty Coke product can to get $5 off an individual ticket)

• Go to Ticketmaster.com starting November 1, 2018
  • Stop by the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center Ticketmaster Box office to purchase your tickets.  Click here for dates and times the box office is open

General Admission $20
Tickets will go on Sale November 1, 2018
Buy Online and save yourself time waiting in line at the Box Office.  General Admission Tickets include access to all rides and activities within the festival.  Height and other restrictions may apply.
Tuesday, December 25 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM Open to public
Wednesday, December 26 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Thursday, December 27 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Friday, December 28 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Military and First Responder Day

Open to public

Saturday, December 29 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public
Sunday, December 30 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public / Saints game on TVs!
Monday, December 31 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Open to public

source: please visit www.nolachristmasfest.com

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: christmas tree

Image may contain: christmas tree

Image may contain: christmas tree, tree and indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, christmas tree and outdoor

Image may contain: christmas tree

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

Image may contain: one or more people and night

Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and shoes

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, hat, child, christmas tree, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, christmas tree and outdoor

Image may contain: Nola Chic, smiling, standing

Image may contain: 3 people, including Nola Chic, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, including Nola Chic, people smiling, people sitting and outdoor

A native of New Orleans, who left her beloved New Orleans to spend twenty years of living in the land of Minnesota Not So Nice. Minnesota was full of opportunities but would learn that the soul of the state and the people who made it was just as icy cold as the temperatures. After the years and my 40th birthday flew by, I decided it was time to pack up my youngest child and come back to my roots, my birthplace the city that not only birthed me but gave me life. I would not be who I am without my New Orleans beginnings. I am all things that would challenge the belief of growing up in New Orleans. I was a 16yr old teen mother of a premature baby born with a severe medical disability. And only With the help of my mother, was it possible for me to BE! I was able to endure and survive the obstacles laid before my child and me. In a city that was built by my family, but did not allow for us to reap the benefits I overcame. Charity Hospital was my second home — a building filled with miracle workers who made it possible for my daughter to have life. I have lived a life of rainy days with peeks of sunshine, that are my children, including those not of my womb. I'm the proud mother of three and a grandmother of three. My dream was to live the life of the nursery rhyme of ”The Old Lady Who lived in a shoe,” and for the most part, I did. I cared for several children over the years as a special needs foster parent. I would learn that my love was not enough for some children, but I loved them through their pain. I'm not sure if I ever had a case of true love or came close to what love looks like on television, but I had my share of men and the mirage of love. I survived two abusive marriages. Though I longed to return to New Orleans on a daily bases, I must admit my move was one of the best decisions made for me. I am a college graduate; I was a successful entrepreneur. I coowned a soul food restaurant and catering company in Minnesota for 12 years. I developed the talent of creating custom cakes after the murder of my beloved cousin Melvin Paul. He survived Katrina only to go to Minneapolis six months later to be murdered over a parking spot dispute. But with the challenge of creating a simple wedding cake, I was able to find healing. I created the House of Cakes in honor of him. Minnesota life had me pretty materialistic. I worked to the point I do not remember much, but work and handing my children love money. I thought by having the big house on the hill, a husband, having a family, the ultimate provider and being involved in all things that matter, plus having the funds to match would cure me of what I was told was a generational curse of lack of everything from money, love to even self-love. But for the most part, that life poisoned my heart and soul. I was blinded by visions fed to me by the media. I was told I wasn't anything unless I was better than the Jones's. I lived being ok with a broken, bleeding heart. Life like this did not exist in my family while living in New Orleans from what I viewed with my eyes and soul. We may not have had all the things I acquired over the years, but we were happy, we were together. Family outside of New Orleans wasn't family anymore. We lived separate lives and had awkward moments when we bumped into each other in public. I hated living in Minnesota even though life their helped me in so many ways. I felt deep down the only way to repair it was to get back to my roots, my soul, my home, myself, my New Orleans. I'm here, and I love it. Even being in the so-called Blighted Area of New Orleans and not having all the financial and material security, I'm happy. I am determined that She, yes, New Orleans is a woman is just like me; together, we will overcome and will rise from all that tried to kill our spirit. Nothing like starting from the bottom and making your way back up!. I just know in my heart that New Orleans will provide for me. There's a bank account with funds in it owed to me by way of back pay for my ancestors. And I will receive my inheritance, and I will continue the traditions and customs of the old to keep the heartbeat of New Orleans beating. I'm down in the boot, living the life that feels right to me awaiting my destiny...

%d bloggers like this: