If you’re looking for a new spin on Sunday Brunch location I highly recommend that you head to one of my favorite hotels in the city to dine at Seaworthy – the oyster bar and sustainable seafood restaurant set in a classic Creole cottage from executive chef Justin Koslowsky [previously of Michelin-awarded Atera and acclaimed Contra in NYC] at Ace Hotel New Orleans.
At Seaworthy, Chef Justin offers a Southern-inspired brunch menu with personal twists on his favorite brunch items, highlighting wild-caught seafare and seasonal ingredients. Select new menu items include:
- Chile Relleno: Poblano peppers stuffed with sautéed shrimp, red onion, charred corn and jack cheese, and baked with green tomatillo sauce and shredded jack cheese on top.
- Micah’s Sandwich: A breakfast sandwich with Andouille sausage, folded over scrambled eggs, melted fontal cheese and Creole mustard mayonnaise on a toasted Dong Phuong bun, served with french fries.
- Crab Cake: Chef Justin’s play on Eggs Benedict features a 4oz crab cake on a toasted english muffin with a soft poached egg, english peas, pea tendrils and rouille.
- Smoked Fish: Toasted sourdough bread featuring layers of smoked trout and avocado topped with a salad of cucumbers, radishes and fresh lemon juice, and garnished with sunflower sprouts and sunflower, poppy and sesame seeds.
- BBQ Shrimp: Thick slices of sourdough bread topped with slices of heirloom tomato, fresh burrata and barbecue shrimp, garnished with scallions.
Newly appointed beverage director Ryan Anderson [a certified Level 2 Sommelier previously of NYC’s The Grill, which was awarded 3 stars from the New York Times], offers bottomless Mimosas, Sangrias and Pimm’s Cup, alongside a new fall cocktail menu. New additions to the menu include Super GLÜH with red wine, white port, spices and lemon; 24 Karat with spiced bourbon, lemon and honey; and Jose’s Angels with yellow chartreuse, orange amaro, mezcal, lime and sage; among many others.
For more info and to reserve your table click on the link http://www.seaworthynola.com/